5log - Frequently asked questions.
Why should I buy a 5log Livinguard® face covering?
5log masks are totally different. They are made with a revolutionary new antiviral technology invented by Livinguard® in Switzerland.
The Livinguard® technology used in 5log face masks is able to directly inactivate bacteria and viruses, including 99.9% of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
While most masks available are preventive in nature, 5log face masks are protective and prevent bacteria and viruses from spreading, benefiting both ones self and others in close proximity.
After conducting more than 65,000 experiments and filing more than 100 patents, Livinguard® has developed a technology that provides the wearer with a completely unique way to protect from bacteria, viruses and funghi.
Click here to buy a 5log Livinguard face covering
How does it work?
Livinguard® treated textile material have positively charged compounds embedded on their surface.
To be precise, there are ~24 billion charges per square centimetre.
This is like a magnet for viruses and bacteria.
The Livinguard® treatment provides a positive “magnet” for the negative viruses and bacteria.
These positive charges attract microbes and result in the disruption of their cell walls, leading to the inactivation and disintegration of the microorganisms.
Once the microbes are destroyed, a process that starts on contact, and reaches 99.9% after 2 hours, they have no charge left. They fall off or can be washed off with cold water.
Once the space they occupied on the material opens up, the charges they attached to are freed.
The material continues working with this revolutionary kill power of breadth (variety of germs), efficacy (number of germs), speed, and durability.
Note that since viruses are technically not “living” organisms outside of a host, they cannot be “killed”.
They are inactivated and rendered harmless.
Can other face coverings claim to be “Self-disinfecting”?
The simple answer is, NO!
The approval for being able to make this claim about a textile technology has been given to only 1 company in the world, and that is Livinguard®
Generally, disinfection achieves the prevention of multiplying bacteria. However, without destroying them. Also, the process of disinfection is not performed to the same standard all the time. Its efficiency is very much influenced by a number of different factors e.g. prior cleaning, the type and level of microbial contamination, the concentration of exposure time to the germicide, temperature and many more.
Livinguard®’s unique technology of self-disinfection on the other hand, is not compromised by any of these factors. Powerful 5log (99.999% efficacy) tested and proven only on the Livinguard® invented technology.
This is the reason we can confidently and proudly say, our 5log Face Mask gives you the best available protection against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Why do face masks need antimicrobial treatment?
Bacteria and viruses, including coronavirus, are present in droplets and in some cases on airborne suspended particulate matter.
Surgical masks and particulate matter filters, even those that meet N95, FFP3 and N99 standards, are designed to filter particulate matter. Most are not effective in filtering viruses.
However, even when they do filter bacteria and viruses, these trapped micro-organisms are still alive on the mask. Through natural breathing and handling (removing, storing, wearing), this poses a great infection risk, as the microorganisms can pass through, transfer to your hand, or some other surface. Recent studies have shown that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that caused the COVID-19 infection, can survive on surgical masks for days.
The greater the exposure to the virus, whether in critical environments like hospitals or when used for extended periods of time and/or reused, the greater the risk of infection.
The 5log mask is able to destroy the virus and other pathogens powerfully and continuously upon contact and is hence mitigating this risk.
Are 5log masks safer than conventional masks?
For the inactivation of bacteria and viruses, Yes, and this is why.
Ordinary masks filter airborne particles like dust and dirt, but for smaller forms of microbial life, they can represent a risk for increasing infection. Pathogens like bacteria and also viruses, that are even smaller than the smallest bacteria, can easily slip through. If they don’t and they stay on the mask, viruses will survive and bacteria will even multiply on the mask.
Our 5log mask on the other hand is able to actually destroy micro-organisms!
This is absolutely revolutionary.
It sets a completely new standard in hygiene.
5log offers a triple layer system: bacteria, viruses & fungi get inactivated on the in- and outside layer that is treated with Livinguard® technology, whilst an additional non-woven industry standard filter in between offers additional protection for other and larger airborne particles.
5Log masks are infinitely better and cheaper than conventional disposable masks!
Is the 5log Face Mask safe for the skin? And also for children?
In short, yes.
The Livinguard® technology of our 5log Face Masks has passed extensive skin safety testing at Product Safety Labs in USA per US EPA requirements and at Hohenstein Institute in Germany per European standards.
Livinguard® textile has passed tests for “self-disinfecting” textiles according U.S. EPA Protocol and for skin safety
according U.S. EPA Health Effects Test Guidelines.
Can I have more information about the 5log Livinguard® mask?
For further information regarding the 5LOG Livinguard Self-Disinfecting Face Mask, including testing information, evidence, guidance and technology, please click here: 5LOG Livinguard Self Disinfecting Face Mask - Full Specification
Is Livinguard® technology only used in face masks?
Livinguard® technology is already used in various applications and industries.
Water Purification, Air Purification, Healthcare, Hygiene Products, Automotive, Aerospace, Hospitality, Professional Textiles, and more.
Please note that specific solutions vary, so efficacy against coronavirus in these solutions is not guaranteed.
Cautions and limitations
1. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT ELIMINATE ILLNESS, DISEASE OR INFECTION AND IS INTENDED FOR GENERAL PUBLIC USE.
2. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT REPLACE RESPIRATORS FOR USE AS SURGICAL MASKS.
3. THIS FACE MASK DOES NOT SUPPLY OXYGEN. DO NOT USE IN ATMOSPHERES CONTAINING LESS THAN 19.5% OXYGEN.
4. DO NOT USE THE 5LOG FACE MASK FOR CHEMICALS, GASES, VAPORS, OIL AEROSOLS, OIL BASED PARTICLES OR EXTREMELY HIGH PARTICULATE CONCENTRATION.
5. NEVER SUBSTITUTE, MODIFY, ADD, OR OMIT PARTS. USE ONLY EXACT REPLACEMENT PARTS IN THE CONFIGURATION AS SPECIFIED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
6. FOLLOW FITTING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, FILTERING EFFICIENCY DEPENDS ON PROPER FITTING. USE YOUR OWN MASK.
7. INDIVIDUALS WITH A COMPROMISED RESPIRATORY SYSTEM, SUCH AS ASTHMA OR EMPHYSEMA, SHOULD CONSULT A PHYSICIAN AND COMPLETE A MEDICAL EVALUATION PRIOR TO USE.
8. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN BELOW THE AGE OF 7.
9. DO NOTE USE WITH BEARDS OR OTHER FACIAL HAIR THAT MAY INHIBIT CONTACT BETWEEN THE FACE AND THE PRODUCT THUS PREVENTING A GOOD SEAL.
10. DISCARD AND REPLACE THE MASK IF IT BECOMES DAMAGED, OR WHEN BREATHING RESISTANCE BECOMES EXCESSIVE.
11. THIS FACE MASK IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS SURGICAL MASKS
12. DO NOT USE FOR RESPIRATORY PROTECTION AGAINST ATMOSPHERIC CONTAMINANTS/CONCENTRATIONS WHICH ARE UNKNOWN OR IMMEDIATELY DANGEROUS TO LIFE AND HEALTH.
13. ALWAYS BE SURE THAT THE COMPLETE PRODUCT IS:
- SUITABLE FOR THE APPLICATION
- FITTED CORRECTLY
- WORN DURING ALL PERIODS OF EXPOSURE
- REPLACED WHEN NECESSARY
14. MASKS HAVE A SHELF LIFE OF 2 YEARS FROM DATE OF MANUFACTURE. END OF LIFE IS MARKED ON THE PRODUCT PACKAGING. BEFORE USE, CHECK THAT THE PRODUCT IS WITHIN THE STATED SHELF LIFE.
15. PRODUCT SHOULD BE STORED IN CLEAN, DRY CONDITIONS WITHIN THE TEMPERATURE RANGE -20 TO + 25°C WITH A MAXIMUM RELATIVE HUMIDITY OF 80%.
16. STORE MASK IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING PROVIDED.
*Disclaimer: This mask does not guarantee the prevention of any infection.